GOVERNMENT OF ANDHRA PRADESH
Establishment - Panchayat Secretaries – Appointment of regular Government Employees as Panchayat Secretaries on deputation basis – Orders - Issued.
PANCHAYAT RAJ & RURAL DEVELOPMENT (MDL.I) DEVELOPMENT
G.O.Rt.No. 966 Dated:12.10.2015
Read the following:
1. G.O.(P).No.10, Fi& Plng. (FW.F.R.II) Dept., dt.22.1.1993.
2. G.O.RNo.700, PR&RD(MDL.II) Dept., dt.27.4.2002.
3. From the Commissioner, PR&RE, , Hyd., Lr.No.122/ CPR&RE/B1/2007, dt.12.5.2015.
Click on below link to download G.O Copy
1. In the G.O. 2nd read above orders were issued obtaining options from the regular Government staff who are willing work to work as Panchayat Secretaries in Panchayat Raj Department on deputation basis.
2. In his letter 3rd read above, the Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, has stated that there are 7163 Gram Panchayat clusters in the State. But there are 2500 vacancies of the Panchayat Secretaries. Much difficulty is being experienced in the Gram Panchayat Administration. He has therefore requested the Government to accord permission for appointment of the regular Government employees as Panchayat Secretaries on deputation bas
3. Government after careful examination of the matter in detail, hereby order to appoint regular Government employees as Panchayat Secretaries in Panchayat Raj Department on deputation basis with the following conditions.
i. Such appointments on redeployment/deputation shall be treated as Inter departmental deputation for Government employee
ii. He/She must be a graduate in a recognized University with basic Computer knowledge.
iii. The District level Committee with members of Chief Executive Officer of Zilla Praja Parishad and District Panchayat Officer concerned headed by the District Collector will select eligible candidates after taking willingness and submit the selected list to the Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad for approval.
iv. The selected candidates shall be trained in Extension Training Centers (ETC) for a period of 4 weeks in phases and postings will be given to those who have passed the examination conducted by the respective Extension Training Center They shall be posted as Panchayat Secretary in other than their native Mandals.
vi. Their Promotional channels will be as they stand now in their Parent departments and they will have the option to revert to their parent departments on promotion.
vii. Their pay will be protected.
viii. Regular Government Employees are only eligible for exercising their option to work as Panchayat Secretary on deputation basis. Employees of Government Corporations/ Undertakings/Societies or part time employees are not eligible for redeployment as Panchayat Secretaries.
ix. They are governed by the conditions stipulated in G.O.(P) No.10, Finance & Planning (FR.II) Department, d22.1.1993 in so far as they relate to their terms of deputation.
4. The Commissioner, Panchayat Raj & Rural Development, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad, is requested to ensure to complete the entire process within one month from the date of issue of these orde
(BY ORDER AND IN THE NAME OF THE GOVERNOR OF ANDHRA PRADESH)